Search This Blog

Sep 28, 2011

Yo Gabba Gabba!

Warning: Even though the following blog is for a children's TV show, that doesn't actually mean it's geared towards kids. You have been warned so don't come crying to me if you see any bad words or pictures, moving on.



I first heard about Yo Gabba Gabba! a few years back when the merchandise started popping up in a few department stores. I didn't really think much of it since that's what usually happens when there some new hit kids show. The only thing I really noticed was that the characters were rather different from the norm and it was hard not to see that they were rather cute. The green one especially caught my eye. Well a few nights ago I actually had the pleasure to enjoy watching this show. The following is basically just going to be my reaction.



I will have to admit that I was not exactly sober when I first saw this show. That doesn't mean that I wasn't aware as to what was going on. I actually remember all of it aside from this part where there was a orange and a pear dancing across the screen. The characters were quite imaginative and the themes seemed to be rather childish, which makes sense concluding to the fact that it's a kids show, but as we went on to the second episode I started to over analyze everything.  The first thing I decided to analyze was that the big red thing, Muno, kind of looked like a big red dildo with arms...


I'm not saying this makes the show any more or less entertaining but certainly some over protective parent has to see this. I mean if they can hear toys swear how can they not see that this looks like a sex toy? The second thing I noticed, and this is really kind of stretching it, but the pink one kind of looks like either a nipple or a clitoris. My friend and I still can't decide.


The other three characters don't really remind me of much besides maybe an otter, a robot (duh), and a monster (possibly another duh). Although I do think the green monster and the blue otter need some sort of counseling.


I know I've only seen a few episodes but it seems to me that all the blue one does is bitch and be mean while the monster only complained and whined. I see some kinky fan fiction between these to being written in the near future. That's right folks nothing is sacred. I'd like to make a comment now about the robot but there isn't really much too him. I think that he could possibly just be a token, you know so other robots and robot children don't feel left out. I personally think they should replace him with a cyberman or a dalek but what do I know.

I tried watching this sober after the fact but all it did was make this show a hell of a lot more creepy. I find it rather funny that I had more of attention span for this while intoxicated since usually I really do love kids shows. I'm pretty sure that's when I started wondering if it was really geared towards children at all. I mean most of the guests on it, that I've seen, were people that most kids don't know about like "Weird Al" Yankovic to name one. 


I'm not saying kids shouldn't watch this, I mean I think it's great if this show keeps them occupied for a half hour. I suppose if you're not a kids and you enjoy this show that's fine too. I am going to assume however that you're not sober while watching it. That's nothing to get offended about either I mean we all have our outlets. There's one last thing I have to say though...


This Dj Lance has the most perfect skin I've ever seen and my friend agrees. It's just so smooth and there are like no imperfections and we were watching him in HD too. He's definitely not bad looking either.  I'd watch this show just to watch him, if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment