Search This Blog

Sep 29, 2011

Evolving Because of the Internet

Most of those who know me know that I'm obsessed with horror, gore, and all that is scary. Some times it's a good thing and other times I just get weird looks. It's weird how when I was younger I never really batted an eyelash at the things that go bump in the night. I find as I'm getting older though things keep getting scarier and not in a good way either. I find myself more superstitious and more skitzy.  I'll jump at the littlest sounds or movements. I blame most of this on the internet and the invention of screamers.


The picture above is not a screamer but it is a pic of the first screamer I experienced. Now when I enjoyed the internet when I was little a lot of my time was spent looking at ghost pictures. My good friend at the time knew this and decided to send me this website that had the above picture on it. The site the proceeded to tell me to look really close and to turn my volume all the way up. I was only eight at the time so I didn't think much of it. I learned pretty fast though. Soon after this was the face that greeted me along with a screaming sound.


Needless to say my eight year old self had no idea how to react to this so I just pulled the plug on my computer and sat by the front door till my mom got home. She actually thought someone had died I was shaking and crying so much. This situation did not kill me therefore I suppose it made me stronger. I learned to adapt. This sounds pretty cool until we analyze it and see that I had to evolve all because of the internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment